Episode 2 of A Worldview Apart explores some of the drawbacks of agriculture, focusing first on environmental impacts, then on those that relate to human health. Eric talks about the physical degeneration seen in cultures who transitioned from non-agricultural lifeways to agricultural diets more recently, and reviews paleoanthropological evidence of physical degeneration seen in ancient people who made this transition.
Links & Resources
- Support A Worldview Apart on Patreon!
- Humans as Agents in the Termination of the African Humid Period, and article by David Wright in Frontiers in Earth Science
- Tomatoland, a book by Barry Estabrook
- Environmental Impacts of Farming, World Wildlife Fund info page
- Did John Deere’s Best Invention Spark a Revolution or an Environmental Disaster? An article by Jackson Landers in the Smithsonian Magazine
- The Worst Mistake in the History of the Human Race, an article by Jared Diamond in Discover Magazine
- Eating on the Wild Side, a book by Jo Robinson
- Human Food Project, and American Gut Project
- Nutrition and Physical Degeneration, by Dr. Weston A. Price
- Price-Pottenger Nutrition Foundation