Terms and Conditions
As with any commercial engagement, I (Eric Garza) feel obliged to state clearly some terms and conditions associated with participation in online classes hosted on this website, and registered use of this website more generally.
If you register for an online course but chose not to complete the course, you are entitled to a full refund of the purchase price only up through the end of the first week of the class. If you wish to withdraw before the end of the second week of the class, you will receive no more than a 50 percent refund. Withdrawals after the second week of class are not entitled to any refunds. To withdraw and receive a refund, please reach out to the instructor.
Finally, by signing up for The Real Cost of Food you agree to hold its instructor, Eric Garza, harmless for any perceived impacts you suffer associated with taking the course. It is really not worth suing him anyway, as he has no significant assets. The only ones who would win from that lawsuit would be the lawyers.
The following Terms of Service apply to your use of the website EricGarza.info and any classes or discussion forums hosted thereon. By registering for a course hosted on this website, you acknowledge that you have read, understood, and agree to the following:
- You acknowledge that you will receive email content from me for the purposes of sharing in ideas, conversation and community.
- I reserve the right to remove any comment or discussion that jeopardizes the safety and positive energy of our community.
- I request that you refrain from solicitation and promotion of goods, services, websites or requesting money (profit or non-profit).
- Personal contact information (including Facebook, Twitter, email/mailing addresses and telephone numbers) that is not your own, should never be copied, shared, discussed, posted or requested publicly in the community (ie, blog posts, discussions, wall posts).
- Please do not post content from our community outside of this space.
- All content on this forum is the sole responsibility of the party who posts it.
- In short, you agree that you will make your best effort to remain in alignment with the values and responsibilities voiced here, and of course, will under no circumstances act in a manner that violates laws and community boundaries that have been established to respect and protect other human beings.
This website is owned and managed by Eric Garza, and features content created and owned by him. The website address is: https://ericgarza.info/.
I only have access to collect information that you voluntarily give me via email or other direct contact from you. I will not sell or rent this information to anyone. I will not share your information with any third party unless required to do so by law.
This website is hosted by ThinkUp! Design; all of your personal information and all files for this website are securely stored on their server. For more information about their hosting service, visit their website.
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
How I protect your data
The internet is not a secure medium. However I take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
All content on this website, and all transmissions of data to and from the website, are encrypted with secure server software (SSL), using a SHA-256 with RSA Encryption certificate. You can verify this by looking for a closed lock icon at the bottom of your web browser, or looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the web page.
While I use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, I also protect your information offline. Administrative access to data is limited only to me (Eric Garza), and is used only to perform a specific job (for example, troubleshooting tech problems you have inquired about). I regularly review the latest data protection guidelines and regulations. The computers/servers in which I store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.