Our chief want in life is for someone to make us do what we can.-Ralph Waldo Emerson-
Some of the richest and most transformative learning experiences I have ever experienced emerged from one-on-one coaching and mentoring relationships. To that end I offer personalized programs for individuals that we co-create to center your goals, needs, and unique gifts. The privacy and confidentiality these programs offer allow you the freedom to make mistakes without fear of being judged or criticized as might happen in group settings or in the public sphere. If you have long wanted to jump-start your learning in an area but felt repelled by learning in group settings, these offerings might be just what you are looking for.
I coach and mentor folks in a several different areas. If we are a good fit, I can help you:
- Explore place-based subsistence skills, including sustainably gathering wild edible and medicinal plants and fungi, and/or learning to hunt or fish
- Consciously simplifying your life to reduce expenses, free up time, or enhance your resilience and adaptability in a changing world
- Negotiate the shifting landscape of identity politics, or connect to your deep ancestry
- Sculpt your worldview into one better aligned with changing social expectations
- Perhaps other things as well
If any of these areas pique your curiosity, reach out to me. Our first step will be to talk by video conference (Skype, Google Meet, etc.) or by phone to see if we are a good fit for one another. The next steps will be to agree on compensation, set goals, craft a timeline and pedagogical approach, and then get to work. My coaching and mentoring programs can be in-person or online, and offer the sort of private, one-on-one relationship that might be just what you need to jumpstart your learning.