The list below includes links to websites and blogs that have deeply inspired me and that I have learned a lot from, in no particular order. If you page further down you can find a list of links to media I have contributed to in various ways.
- Healing From Whiteness: Tad Hargrave’s blog. Many amazing essays here!
- Selfish Activist: Tada Hozumi’s website. Lots of amazing material on cultural somatics.
- Resmaa Menakem’s website: He wrote the book My Grandmother’s Hands, another amazing resource on cultural somatics.
- My Inner Alchemy: A website run by Rebecca Young Allen and Gabriele Romero. Hard to characterize, head over there and look around.
Below you can find links to some of the written work, audio, and video that I have contributed to or been featured in over the past few years.
- Listen to me talk about hunting and my near-death experience on Eugene Kim’s On Death Podcast
- Read Section 4.6 of the Vermont Farm to Plate Strategic Plan, which I co-authored
- Read A Non-Hunter Explores the Experience of Hunting, about a course on hunting I co-taught with Murphy Robinson of Mountainsong Expeditions
- Read The Role of Energy in Food Production, a short article I wrote for Agriview
- Watch the Biophysical Constraints Panel I was on at the University of Vermont Food Systems Summit
- Watch my presentation The Energy Basis Of Food Security, recorded at the UVM Food Systems Summit
- Read The True Cost of Food, which discusses my work on the energy intensity of food production
- Listen to Jane Lindholm, of Vermont Public Radio, interview me in Running the Numbers on Local Vs. Long Distance Food
- Watch my presentation The Energy Intensity Of Food, recorded at the UVM Campus Food and Energy Seminar Series
- Read Researching Best Practices for Grazing Farms, which featured my work on the energy intensity of pastured meat operations
- Read The Energy Return on Energy Invested Of Biodiesel In Vermont, a report I wrote for Vermont Sustainable Jobs Fund
- Read Overcoming Systemic Roadblocks To Sustainability, an article I co-authored for Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences