In this episode of A Worldview Apart Eric talks about some of the motivating factors that compelled him to start this podcast, and to focus it the way he has. The impetus for this episode began with a workshop on racism and white fragility that he recently attended through a local non-profit. While future episodes won’t focus exclusively on anti-oppression work, he recognizes that this work is important for him on a personal level so it will play a part in the future of the podcast.
Links & Resources
- Support A Wolrdview Apart on Patreon!
- Peace & Justice Center, in Burlington VT
- To Be of Use, by Marge Piercy (on The Poetry Foundation’s website)
- Vermont Police Stop, Search Black Drivers More Than Whites (Seven Days)
- Bias-Based Policing in Vermont (a more academic treatment of this issue in The Vermont Law Review)