In this solo episode Eric talks about how the prejudices people harbor serve as the foundations of the discriminatory behavior that causes so much harm in our modern world. He explores how the atrophy of people’s capacity for empathy creates space for these prejudices to take root, and offers strategies to strengthen our empathic capacity so we can let go of our prejudices. He also talks about the broader evolutionary context in which empathy emerged as a vital survival skill for the human species.
Links & Resources
- Support A Worldview Apart on Patreon
- The Junto Emotion Wheel: Why and How We Use It (The Junto Institute for Entrepreneurial Leadership)
- Plutchik’s Wheel of Emotions (Positive Psychology Program)
- Center for Nonviolent Communication
- The Clean Talk CD (Shadow Work website)